Saturday, September 4, 2010

First day at the village of Bunwundo

First day in the village meeting the children and some adults and the Buwundo committee.  Unfortunately right now I am not able to upload my pictures.  This is the only one so far. 
I am off to church this morning with Ivan.  We will have tea first with his Auntie. 
I need a day to get my blog going but we have been constantly going and by night I'm too exhausted to think.
This is Truly an awesome experience and as Ivan said we are the pioneers of this project.
Hopefully Geoege will be able to put a documentary together for me to share when I get back.




There were so many children there but we do not have enough funds to support them all.  Where do you draw the line of who gets food and who doesn't?
I have so much to tell about the village, building a school (out of sticks and papyrus and metal roof), bringing in 150 kg of maize flour, sugar, beans, oil. At least they will be fed for 2 months. 
God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment