Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What am I going to do in Uganda??

Good Question.
I am going in basically blind.
Here's what I think I might be doing.
  • leave Detroit on Aug. 31 at 5:30 pm and arrive in Entebbee, Uganda Sept. 1 at 8:30 pm.  Ivan will pick me up at the airport and bring me to the place where I will sleep.
  • I hope I will get up - lol- and perhaps travel to the village where the children are.  I gather from Ivan it is a 3 hour ride.  I want to get to know the village and the children and the surrounding area.  Hoping to see the possible school as well.  Since it is such a distance perhaps I will be staying at Ivan's grandmother's for a night or 2.  His sister lives there too.  (I'm bringing my own treated mosquito net.)
  • Church on Sunday
  • the next 2 weeks will probably be planning, getting some supplies (I don't have the money for a full year - just for 1/4 of the year so far - but I'm sure God will be watching.)
  • I think I will be going back and forth to the village staying a night or 2 each time.
  • When I leave I plan on keeping some of my personal items at Ivan's when I leave, such as my mosquito net, pillows, medicines....for my return trip in January which is already booked.
  • I will not have access to my computer all the time.
  • See - I'm rambling - but very excited
  • sure wish I could bring stuff in my suitcases but weight restrictions really stifle that.
  • I am bringing some of my own food sources such as peanut butter and snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment