Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Profile from the SACU website

May 16, 2010




Education Program Coordinator
Geri Sutts
Belle River, Ontario
Canada
June 12, 1952
Personal - Christian

1 daughter, Trish (BJ) and 1 step daughter Tam (Rick) and 2 step sons, Tom (Lori) and Casey (Kristin). Total of 6 grand children ages 1 to 12 - Rya, Taylor, Brandyn, Emma, Katie and Braelin. Widowed in 2009. Live in Canada for the summer and have home in Florida for the winter. Proud Canadian.


Retired in 2004 after teaching for 31 ½ years. Taught Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8 (3 to 14 year olds). A member of RTO/ERO (Retired Teacher’s Of Ontario) and RWTO (Retired Women teachers of Ontario).

Since retirement I have been blessed with the opportunity to volunteer on four separate missions. Honduras to teach at a needy school teaching English through music. Twice to Guatemala volunteering at God’s Child Project, Safe Passage and most recently at a hospital - Hermano Pedro where I spent time with children confined to wheelchairs.

In October 2008, I lead a team of 12 (a fabulous group!) to Uganda to help build a classroom for the WATOTO Ministries. The team was called - Geri’s School of R.O.C.K. (Reaching Out in Christian Kindness). It was in Kampala where I first met Ivan.


I am a member of a wonderful little church called Belle River United Church (of Canada). They have supported me through all my volunteer endeavours. Some other United Churches in Windsor and Essex County were supportive with fundraising for the Watoto mission and I look forward to their continued support.
In March of 2010 I was blessed with the opportunity to go to the Holy Land (Israel) with McGregor Baptist Church (Fort Myers, Florida), lead by Pastor Richard Powell. I was baptized in The River Jordan - Praise the Lord.
The Heart of Essex Sweet Adelines, TOPS (Belle River), HeartT Hatters (Red Hatters of Stoney Point) have shown support in my previous fundraising activities.
I was asked by Ivan to become the Education Program Coordinator for SACU. After a lot of thought and prayer I accepted this position. I pray for guidance.
I pray for continued support from my church family, friends and family, and organizations both financially and physically. We need financial support for teaching materials (they have nothing!!!) as well as volunteers to teach and to ’build’ classrooms - desks, chairs…….

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment