Monday, December 6, 2010

Yes Virginia there is a God

I would like to share this 'good news'. I was retuning home from Florida on Saturday and was seated with a lovely couple. We struck up a conversation and I ended up doing most of the talking, for about an hour, about the mission I'm involved in - Save African Child Uganda. (There was a great article in the Star on November 8, 2010). I am the only volunteer so far and am looking for organizations or individuals who are willing to come to Uganda and help in any way with the project. These folks gave me contacts so I might find an organization. I am so grateful for this information. I am going back to Uganda for a month in January to continue the mission.


We separated and went to pick up our bags. While waiting at the baggage claim the woman came up to me and placed some money into my palm to help pay for medical for the children. I thanked her. A couple of minutes later, before placing it in my purse, I looked at the money. There were 2- $100 US bills. How amazing was that? These folks knew me for a short time yet were prepared to hand over $200 to a stranger to help these beautiful children in Uganda. Isn't it wonderful that some folks do have faith in others?

Yes Virginia there is a God.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment